Our teachers know their students and work with them to help them realise their potential as learners. Our focus on authentic learning and authentic assessment ensures that we challenge our students to grow in their learning and achieve their personal best.
Throughout our community of Sydney Catholic schools, we have shown high performance of our students in measures such as NAPLAN and the HSC.
At St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School Coogee, our students are challenged daily through rich and rigorous learning experiences. Student growth and achievement is measured through a combination of annual standardised tests and day-to-day assessments. Some of the assessment tools utilised at St Brigid’s include NAPLAN, Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT), the Religious Education Test, as well as classroom-based assessment including clinical interviews, running records and writing analysis.
Students also have the option of achieving through the following:
- The Pope Francis Award for community service
- ICAS assessments – Digital Technologies, Science, Spelling, Writing, English and Mathematics
- APSMO Mathematics Olympiad and the Lachlan Macquarie University Gifted and Talented Mathematics Competition
- CaSPA (Catholic Schools Performing Arts) Workshops and Performances
- Sydney Catholic Schools Regional and Archdiocesan Sports Competitions
- Local sport gala days and competitions including Netball, OzTag, Soccer and Touch Football
- Aerosports Championships (State and National Championships)